Other Learning Opportunities
Polk State College has many learning opportunities that are not college degrees, certificates, or advanced technology diplomas.
Click below for further information.
- Are you interested in one of the Collegiate High Schools?
- Are you interested in one of the many non-credit training opportunities through Corporate College?
- Are you looking for programs for youth, such as Kids at College?
- Are you a degreed person interested in qualifying to be a school teacher through the Educator Preparation Institute?
- Are you interested in college courses but are not seeking a degree? The information below is for you!
What is a non-degree seeking student?
A student who takes classes:
- for pleasure,
- to maintain or obtain certification, such as teacher certification,
- to meet admission requirements for a program at another institution or a limited admission program at Polk State.
Can a non-degree seeking student get financial aid?
You must be seeking a valid degree at Polk State College or be admitted to a limited admission program to get most forms of financial aid. Under some circumstances, loans may be available through Student Financial Services to pay for prerequisites to a limited admission program.
Do I need to submit all of my transcripts to Polk State College and take orientation?
Yes. Submit your official transcripts and take orientation. You must meet the same admission requirements as students seeking a degree.
How do I register?
Non-degree seeking students can register online through PASSPORT. You may visit an advisor for help. You will learn more about registering in Student Orientation.