Buying Textbooks and Supplies
You may always get details from the College’s Bookstore. This page answers some of students’ most common questions on purchasing books.
I have a Pell grant to buy books. What do I do?
Pell grant funds are placed in an account under your name and student ID at the Barnes & Noble bookstore on campus.
- The dates funds are available are listed in the college calendar here.
- To purchase textbooks with Pell funds, you must have a photo ID with your name on it.
- Then charging periods open, bring your course schedule to the bookstore.
Can I use my parent’s credit card at the bookstore?
No, the person signing the credit card receipt must be the person named on the card.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- All major credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Personal checks are accepted with photo ID.
- The BankMobile Vibe Checking account card is accepted.
- Barnes & Noble gift cards.
Do I need my schedule to buy or sell back books?
- Yes, bring your schedule with you to buy books. The reference number of your class is important as different professors may use different texts.
- To sell books back, all you need is a campus-issued student ID or valid state-issued ID.
Will the bookstore buy my books back after the term?
- We buy your books back no matter where you bought them! Sell your books back to the bookstore at the end of the term and get up to 50% cashback!
Can I buy my textbooks online?
- Financial aid covers the purchase of books online at polk.bncollege.com.
- Books can be shipped to your home or picked up at the bookstore.
I changed classes and already bought books for the classes I dropped. Can I get a refund?
- A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned during the first week of class with the original receipt. In order to qualify for a refund, your books must be unopened and in the original packaging.
- With proof of a schedule change and original receipt, a full refund will be given in your original form of payment during the first 30 days.
Can I rent textbooks?
Yes. Contact the bookstore for more information.
Winter Haven 863.299.3325
Go to the Bookstore online.