The Polk State College First Year Experience (FYE) provides the tools, support, and assistance to jumpstart a student’s journey to academic success.
The first year of college can be both exciting and challenging. The First Year Experience eases the transition, provides customized academic support, and helps students to connect with friends and have fun along the way. The following webpages explain the First Year Experience and the various elements that support students as they soar to success:
- Step 1: Orientation and Academic Success Evaluation
- Step 2: Freshman Pre-Advising
- Step 3: First Year Seminar and the Common Read Program
- Step 4: First Flight Convocation
- Step 5: First Year Experience Student Activities
- Student Resources