How to Complete an Application
Thanks for Being Interested. Here’s the information you need.
- Things you should gather before clicking APPLY NOW
- Your mailing address and all your contact information
- Primary personal e-mail address
- Residency information More on Residency
- Your or one of your parent’s* driver’s license
- Your or one of your parent’s* voter registration
- Your or one your parent’s* vehicle registration
- *If under the age of 24
- Social Security Number (Yours not your parent’s.) More on SSN’s
- HINT: Be accurate. The wrong SS# may cost you $$ in financial aid.
- Citizenship information.
- Know what campus you want to take classes on. More about campuses
- Immigration information if you are not a U.S. citizen. More on International Students
- Military service information. More on Veterans or Active Duty Military
- Emergency contact person with address and phone information.
- High school name and graduation date or GED date.
- Not admitted to program? Recommendations for Students pursuing a limited admission program
- Choosing your program of interest. More on degrees and programs.
- Returning student? Use the Readmit section after you click Apply Now
If I applied to one campus, can I take classes at other campuses?
YES. Your application is to Polk State College. You can take classes at any Polk State campus or center, or online.
I have a criminal history or a disciplinary action from another college. What do I do?
- Call 863.297.1000 and ask for the Student Services Dean.
- E-mail the Student Services Dean on your home campus for instructions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
My name has changed since I last attended. What do I do?
Name changes must be submitted to the Admission and Registrar’s office using a Vital Statistics form with official proof such as a driver’s license. Find the form here.