History of COVID Relief Funds
Polk State College was the recipient of nearly $18 million in federal COVID relief funds to be invested in addressing emergency aid for Polk State students who have been impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
These funds were allocated to the College as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), and American Rescue Plan (ARP), and are grouped under the heading of Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF).
As of September 30, 2022:
- Polk State received $17,951,494 in CARES, CRRSA, and ARP funding for distribution to students.
- Polk State has an estimated 4,000 students who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965; thus, these individuals are also eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- To date, over $8,880,000 has been distributed as emergency grants or to cover tuition, books or other student aid.
- Students received information about the CARES, CRRSAA, and ARP Emergency Grant through email, phone contacts, the College’s CARES Act web page, polk.edu/cares, and through notifications in the College’s learning management system, Canvas.
A comprehensive report through September 30, 2022, which captures spending of both student and institutional funds, can be located here: HEERF Student and Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2022.
Previous quarterly reports:
Student Emergency Aid
- CARES Act Report 1 – May 2020
- CARES Act Report 2 – July 2020
- CARES Act Report 3 – August 2020
- CARES Act Report 4 – October 2020
- CARES Act Report 5 – January 2021
- CARES Act Report 6 – April 2021
- HEERF Report 7 – July 2021
- HEERF Report 8 – October 2021
- HEERF Report 9-December 2021
- HEERF Report 10-March 2022
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2020
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 4th Quarter 2020
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 1st Quarter 2021
- HEERF I, II, III Institutional Funds Report 2nd Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 4th Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 1st Quarter 2022
- HEERF Student and Institutional Funds Report 2nd Quarter 2022
- HEERF Student and Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2022