History of COVID Relief Funds
Polk State College was the recipient of nearly $18 million in federal COVID relief funds to be invested in addressing emergency aid for Polk State students who have been impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
These funds were allocated to the College as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), and American Rescue Plan (ARP), and are grouped under the heading of Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF).
As of March 31, 2022:
- Polk State received $3,058,025 in CARES funding which was distributed to 4,247 students.
- Polk State received an additional $3,058,025 in CRRSAA funding of which $1,842,386 has been distributed to 3991 students to date.
- Polk State received $11,835,444 in ARP funding of which $954,243 has been distributed to 2,878 students to-date.
- Polk State has an estimated 4,000 students who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965; thus, these individuals are also eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Students received information about the CARES, CRRSAA, and ARP Emergency Grant through email, phone contacts, the College’s CARES Act web page, polk.edu/cares, and through notifications in the College’s learning management system, Canvas.
A comprehensive report through March 31, 2022, can be located here: HEERF Report 10.
A comprehensive CARES Institutional Funds report through March 31, 2022, can be located here: HEERF Institutional Funds Report 1st Quarter 2022.
Previous quarterly reports:
Student Emergency Aid
- CARES Act Report 1 – May 2020
- CARES Act Report 2 – July 2020
- CARES Act Report 3 – August 2020
- CARES Act Report 4 – October 2020
- CARES Act Report 5 – January 2021
- CARES Act Report 6 – April 2021
- HEERF Report 7 – July 2021
- HEERF Report 8 – October 2021
- HEERF Report 9-December 2021
- HEERF Report 10-March 2022
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2020
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 4th Quarter 2020
- CARES Institutional Funds Report 1st Quarter 2021
- HEERF I, II, III Institutional Funds Report 2nd Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 3rd Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 4th Quarter 2021
- HEERF Institutional Funds Report 1st Quarter 2022