COVID Relief Funds for Students
Polk State College is currently accepting applications for COVID Relief Funds. These are Student Emergency Aid funds that are part of the federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). These funds are referred to as HEERF Emergency Grant Funds.
An individual eligible for these funds must be a Polk State College student who:
- Possesses a high school diploma/high school equivalency and who is enrolled as degree-seeking student, or
- Is enrolled in a Polk State College short-term training program.
To apply for HEERF Emergency Grant Funds, individuals must:
- Complete the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
- Complete the HEERF application and submit the application electronically.
- A student will receive an email to verify their signature following the submission of the HEERF application. The verification process must be completed to complete the submission of the application.
- Complete, if you are a new student, the admission application and all materials requested by the Admission Office.
- Complete all financial aid materials requested by the Student Financial Services Office.
- Complete, if you are a returning student and did not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards for financial aid eligibility, the appeal form to be considered for financial aid.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found here: polk.edu/admission-aid/financial-aid/federal-aid/covid-relief-funds-for-students/faqs-about-covid-relief-funds.