- Your student Id will give you access to things like library and TLCC resources. Also gives you cool perks like free bus rides, discounts, and access to library and activities.
- A student ID is required. More on getting your student ID here.
ACTIVATE YOUR POLK STATE EMAIL!
(A little retro, we know. But we need a way to communicate with you.)
- Email takes 24 hours to activate.
- Check email daily until the drop day of each term. Then check weekly.
- What is my Polk State College student e-mail address?
- Your e-mail address is listed on your admission letter. You can also log in to PASSPORT to see your e-mail address.
HOW DO I LOG IN TO MY POLK STATE COLLEGE STUDENT E-MAIL?
In PASSPORT, under QUICK LINKS. Click on My Polk Email. Your password is your Polk State College ID unless you changed it. You will find this in your admission letter and in PASSPORT.
Type it in as follows:
- Capitalize first letter
- No dashes or spaces between letters
- Example: A10000202
WHY CAN’T I LOG IN TO MY POLK STATE STUDENT E-MAIL?
- You are not entering your password correctly.
- You forgot your password. Click forgot your password? and follow reset steps.
- If users of your computer use another Microsoft e-mail address, select the link on the bottom left of the screen titled “Log in using a different e-mail address.”
HOW CAN I GET MORE HELP?
- The Student Help Desk number is 863-298-6839. (The Student Help Desk is closed during college holidays.)
MY NAME HAS CHANGED. HOW DO I CHANGE MY POLK STATE STUDENT E-MAIL ADDRESS?
- Complete a Vital Statistics Change form with proof of name change. (ie: copy of driver’s license, marriage license) and submit to Admission and Registrar staff on any campus or e-mail signed form and proof to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask to change your email under Other on the form.
WHAT IS PAL AND HOW DO I TAKE PAL ORIENTATION?
PAL (Polk Access to Learning) provides access to online and hybrid courses and supplemental instructional materials. It could be called the online classroom. Most classes, whether face-to-face or online will use PAL. All students should take the PAL orientation before starting classes. Click here to go to the PAL Orientation.
HOW DO I LOG IN TO PAL?
We recommend you log into your PASSPORT account and then use the PAL Quick Link on the left. This takes you directly to your PAL home page.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PAL?
If you have trouble logging in to PAL, accessing your course(s), or need your password reset, call the Student Help Desk at 863-298-6839 during normal college operating hours.
WHEN IS MY PAL CLASS AVAILABLE?
You may log in 6 days before class starts. Check your syllabus requirements carefully to ensure the class is right for you. READ the testing requirements as some testing may require a proctor, or require you to come to campus to test.
WHAT IS PASSPORT?
PASSPORT is the online student portal that gives you online access to your Polk State College information, including the following:
- Degree audit and educational plan
- Semester schedule
- Tuition/fee paying
- Unofficial transcripts
- Official transcript services
- Address, phone number, and personal e-mail changing
- Your class schedule
TAKE PASSPORT ORIENTATION
I DON’T REMEMBER MY PASSPORT USERNAME OR PASSWORD.
Your username is your student ID (or your Social Security number).
- Use NO spaces or dashes with your ID (or your Social Security number).
- Example: Student ID: A10000202 SSN: 101000001
- Your default password is the MM/YY of your birth.
- Example: February 6, 1991 is 0291.
If your password does not work, use the reset option on the PASSPORT page or call 863-297-1000 and ask to reset your PASSPORT password.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PASSPORT?
Call 863-297-1000 during regular college operating hours. The Information Assistant will help you determine if it is a navigational, content, or technical issue.
It’s a weekday morning and Yulonda Bell has agreed to be interviewed about her new position as Polk State Winter…