My Polk Tools
WHAT IS PASSPORT?
PASSPORT is the online student portal that gives you online access to your Polk State College information, including the following:
- Degree audit and educational plan
- Semester schedule
- Unofficial transcripts
- Official transcript services
- Address, phone number, and personal e-mail changing
- Your class schedule
I DON’T REMEMBER MY PASSPORT USERNAME OR PASSWORD.
Your username is your student ID (or your Social Security number).
- Use NO spaces or dashes with your ID (or your Social Security number).
- Example: Student ID: A10000202 SSN: 101000001
- Your default password is the MM/YY of your birth.
- Example: February 6, 1991 is 0291.
If your password does not work, please contact us at 863-297-1000 and ask to reset your PASSPORT password.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PASSPORT?
Call 863-297-1000 during regular college operating hours. The Information Assistant will help you determine if it is a navigational, content, or technical issue.
WHAT IS Canvas AND HOW DO I TAKE Canvas ORIENTATION?
Canvas provides access to instructional materials for all course formats. Think of it as your online classroom. Most classes, whether face-to-face or online utilize Canvas. All students should take the Canvas orientation before starting classes. Click here to go to Canvas Orientation. (no login required)
HOW DO I LOG IN TO Canvas?
Go to canvas.polk.edu.
Username: Log in using your my.polk.edu email address (i.e. if your email address is email@example.com, then your Canvas username is firstname.lastname@example.org).
Password: Use your student ID with the first letter capitalized.
*Access to Canvas begins after you are registered for at least one course.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH Canvas?Canvas support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you are logged into Canvas, you can contact support via the help menu on the left side of the screen.Chat with SupportCall: 1-844-880-9814Email: email@example.comVisit Canvas News for more information.
WHEN IS MY Canvas CLASS AVAILABLE?
Courses are visible 6 days prior to class start. Check your syllabus requirements carefully to ensure the class is right for you. READ the testing requirements as some testing may require a proctor, or require you to come to campus to test.
ACTIVATE YOUR POLK STATE EMAIL!
- Email takes 24 hours to activate.
- Check email daily until the drop day of each term. Then check weekly.
- What is my Polk State College student e-mail address?
- Your e-mail address is found in PASSPORT when you log in.
HOW DO I LOG IN TO MY POLK STATE COLLEGE STUDENT E-MAIL?
In PASSPORT, under QUICK LINKS. Click on My Polk Email. Your password is your Polk State College ID unless you changed it. You will find this in your admission letter and in PASSPORT.
Type it in as follows:
- Capitalize first letter
- No dashes or spaces between letters
- Example: A10000202
WHY CAN’T I LOG IN TO MY POLK STATE STUDENT E-MAIL?
- You are not entering your password correctly.
- You forgot your password. Click forgot your password? and follow reset steps.
- If users of your computer use another Microsoft e-mail address, select the link on the bottom left of the screen titled “Log in using a different e-mail address.”
HOW CAN I GET MORE HELP?
Monday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.*Closed during all college holidays*
- If you have trouble accessing MyPolk Email or Passport, call the Polk State College Help Desk at 863-298-6839.
MY NAME HAS CHANGED. HOW DO I CHANGE MY POLK STATE STUDENT E-MAIL ADDRESS?
- Complete a Vital Statistics Change form with proof of name change. (ie: copy of driver’s license, marriage license) and submit to Admission and Registrar staff on any campus or e-mail signed form and proof to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask to change your email under Other on the form.
- Your student ID will give you access to things like library and TLCC resources. Also, gives you cool perks like free bus rides, discounts, and access to activities.
- Your Student ID is required.
- More on getting your student ID here.