Contact a local technologist for assistance.
- Cody Moyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Amato – email@example.com
- Tracey Blue – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carleigh Wallpe – email@example.com
- Justin Rheiner – firstname.lastname@example.org
Polk State College uses Canvas by Instructure for all courses. Students can receive course updates, submit assignments, communicate with professors, and more through Canvas. All traditional, online, and hybrid courses are hosted in this system, which has an easy-to-use interface, a mobile-friendly app (Android and iOS), and a 24-7 help desk @1-844-880-9814.
Username: my.polk.edu email address (i.e. if your email address is email@example.com, then your Canvas username is firstname.lastname@example.org).
Password: student ID (with the first letter capitalized). After logging in to Canvas for the first time, change your password.
If you have trouble logging in to Canvas, please review the following:
- Verify that you are currently enrolled in at least one course at Polk State College (and it has been a minimum of 2 hours since you registered for the course)
- Verify that you are using the correct information from above (which can be found in PASSPORT)
- You are NOT required to log into Canvas to complete Polk State College student orientation.
If you verify the above and are still unable to log in, contact CANVAS HELP at 1-844-880-9814 or the Polk State College student help desk at 863-298-6839 and select option No. 3)
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer a Canvas supported browser. Users who attempt to use Canvas with Internet Explorer will be redirected to an “Unsupported Browser” page. For more information on Canvas supported browsers visit: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720
Conferencing in Canvas
Honorlock Remote Proctoring: FREE for Students
- Honorlock Information for Remote Proctoring
- Student Guide for taking an exam with Honorlock
- Honorlock Support: Live Chat from within an exam, call (855) 828-4004 or email email@example.com
Polk State College Resources
A “one stop shop” to access essential information for all Polk State College Students.
Also accessible via the HELP icon in Canvas
You may contact your former instructor by emailing the instructor’s polk.edu email address from your my.polk.edu address. You may not use the Canvas messaging system to contact your instructor after withdrawal from the course. Students are able to find the instructor’s email address through the Passport course look up.
It may be that some of your courses are not yet published or the course may be date-restricted. To view all your registered courses, click Courses on the Global Navigation Menu.
If you cannot see content in your course, the instructor may have items unpublished, which means nothing would be showing to you as a student. Contact your instructor with questions.