Learning via an online course is different from learning in a traditional face-to-face classroom. Some students are comfortable and able to learn in the online environment while other students prefer or able to learn better in a face-to-face class. Which are you?
Online courses reduce scheduling conflicts; however, they also require a high level of self-discipline and motivation.
Taking online classes at Polk State may be right for you if:
- You don’t live locally and/or cannot physically attend a Polk State campus
- Your personal schedule conflicts with class meeting times at a Polk State campus
- You don’t have child care that allows you to attend classes at a campus
Are you right for online classes?
In order to succeed in online classes, you are:
- An Individualized Learner
- Comfortable with Using and Learning New Technology
- A Proficient Reader
- Able to Manage Time
- Not a Procrastinator