Remote Proctoring Option
The College has purchased an enterprise license for Honorlock to provide FREE remote test proctoring to all Polk State students. Students who purchased Honorlock previously for exams or a class will not receive a refund for that expense.
View the Student Guide for taking an exam with Honorlock before you take your first exam.
Remote Proctoring Process:
The testing session will be recorded. A Google Chrome extension plug-in must be installed to use this proctoring service. Unusual behavior is flagged and an Honorlock specialist reviews and makes notes about the behavior. Additionally, Honorlock uses Integrity Analytics, which means that while the exam is live, Honorlock is monitoring for attempts by the test taker to find answers to the questions on the Internet using any device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or additional computer. Honorlock also monitors attempts to leave the test session, open a new browser, and copy/paste questions. The instructor receives the report from Honorlock to review and ensure academic integrity.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of the specific exam dates and times and allow adequate time to take the exams. Do not procrastinate.
- You must be familiar with and comply with Honorlock technical requirements.
- If you anticipate technical issues completing any exams through Honorlock, you should notify Honorlock Support first for any further assistance via LIVE CHAT.
- If you encounter issues with Honorlock, you may contact Honorlock through LIVE CHAT, by calling (855) 828-4004 and/or via email at email@example.com.
- If you encounter issues with Canvas during regular college hours, you may contact the Canvas Support team via the Help link on the Global Navigation Menu in Canvas.
What you need:
- Honorlock is not a live proctoring service; you do not need to schedule an appointment with Honorlock in advance.
- You will need to use Google Chrome and download the Honorlock Chrome Extension.
- When you are ready to take your exam, log into Canvas, go to your Course, and click on your exam. When you click on “Take your Exam”, you will start the authentication process before you begin your exam.
- If you see a page asking for an access code, it means that you did not install the Honorlock Chrome extension or you are using another Internet browser. You must use Google Chrome.