The Dual Enrollment program provides accelerated opportunities to academically talented students from all Polk County public secondary schools, most area private high schools and to students in a home education program. Dual enrollment allows high school students to take college classes while still in high school and earn credit for those college courses that will count towards both high school diploma and college degree requirements at the same time.
Where do I start?
Start by following the steps to admission.
Am I required to take Student Orientation?
Dual enrollment students are required to take the Online Student Orientation. You may take orientation online or use a computer in the Advising area or TLCC of any campus.
How do I register for classes after my high school counselor approves them?
- Register in person with a college advisor. You may not register or make schedule additions in PASSPORT.
- If you need to drop a class, you must complete the Student Request for Withdrawal form and bring it to your high school guidance counselor.
- You will use PASSPORT to see your schedule and to log into Canvas for your classes.
After I register, what do I do?
Take your Polk State College class schedule back to your high school counselor. You may request an adjustment to your high school schedule at this time, if necessary, with your high school counselor.
How do I get my textbooks?
Your high school is responsible for giving you instructions on how to purchase books. Do not purchase books at the bookstore unless you have been instructed to do so by your high school. See your high school counselor for details.
Private School and Home School:
Private and home school students are responsible for purchasing required textbooks and supplies.
Click the Seven Steps to Dual Enrollment and Early Admission link in order to get started.
Dual Enrollment Coordinators can assist you if you have any additional questions:
- Lakeland — Mrs. Simmi Johnson, 863.669.2822, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Haven — Mrs. Mary Westgate, 863.292.3758, email@example.com
You may find more information about the program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.