The Dual Enrollment program provides accelerated opportunities to academically talented students from all Polk County public secondary schools, most area private high schools and to students in a home education program. Dual enrollment allows high school students to take college classes while still in high school and earn credit for those college courses that will count towards both high school diploma and college degree requirements at the same time.
Some of the benefits of participating in the program include:
- Broadened educational opportunities
- Increased depth of study
- Acceleration of attainment of educational goals
- Free tuition
- Textbooks and other supplies are provided by the Polk County School Board to students who are enrolled in a Polk County public high school. Some supplies may have to be purchased by the student and reimbursed by the school board, which requires the completion of the Supplies Reimbursement Form.
Polk State College offers dual enrollment and early admission opportunities to public, private and home schooled students.
Click the Seven Steps to Dual Enrollment and Early Admission link in order to get started.
Dual Enrollment Coordinators can assist you if you have any additional questions:
- Lakeland — Mrs. Simmi Johnson, 863.669.2822, email@example.com
- Winter Haven — Mrs. Mary Westgate, 863.292.3758, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may find more information about the program by emailing email@example.com.