The Dual Enrollment program provides accelerated opportunities to academically talented students from all Polk County public secondary schools, most area private high schools and to students in a home education program. Dual enrollment allows high school students to take college classes while still in high school and earn credit for those college courses that will count towards both high school diploma and college degree requirements at the same time.
Some of the benefits of participating in the program include:
- Broadened educational opportunities
- Increased depth of study
- Acceleration of attainment of educational goals
- Free tuition
- Textbooks and other supplies are provided by the Polk County School Board to students who are enrolled in a Polk County public high school. Some supplies may have to be purchased by the student and reimbursed by the school board, which requires the completion of the Supplies Reimbursement Form.
Polk State College offers dual enrollment and early admission opportunities to public, private and home schooled students.
- Read the Dual Enrollment Agreement and Addendum appropriate to your high school experience.
- The qualifying student then completes the Seven Steps to Admission.
- Complete the High School Approval Form for Dual Enrollment & Early Admission.