Polk State’s faculty and staff take pride in being dynamic leaders at the forefront of technology. A badge is a distinctive emblem worn as a mark of office, proof of skills, membership, or achievement, and is also a visual representation of a learning experience, outcome, competency or affiliation. The Instructional Technology department implemented a badging program. Credential badges are an enhanced feature that showcases faculty and staff accomplishments. The badges are located on the faculty/staff members’ People profiles.
Please click on the credentials below to view the badge requirements, and for more information contact your campus Instructional Technologist.
- Attend a preview/training session
- Attend a train the trainer session
- Present at least two trainings
- Work with colleagues as courses are designed
Implement two of the following in-class technologies:
- Lecture Capture
- Games in the Classroom
- Student Response
- Leveraged Mobile Technology (i.e. Digital Storytelling)
Complete an Innov8 Academy cohort, from institute to poster presentation on Professional Development Day.
Present at two professional conferences on instructional technology.
Complete the following PIE trainings:
- PIE Basics Training (Phase 1)
- PIE Technical Liaison Training (Phase 2)
- Designing your PIE site: Owner/Technical Liaison Workshop (Phase 3)
- PIE Train the Trainer
And present a PIE Basics Training
Complete a QM-managed review with course meeting required expectations.
Complete at least two QM-managed reviews with courses meeting required expectations. Conduct at least three reviews for peers progressing through QM.
Partner one-on-one with a faculty member in at least one of the following modalities for at least one academic year:
- Innov8 Academy Mentor
- Technology Tool Mentor (i.e. Publisher Integration Guidance)
Attended four or more trainings on Instructional Technology Tools at Polk State College.
Deliver at least two technology-related training’s for peers.
- Remote Proctor NOW
- BB Collaborate
- Digital Storytelling
- Poll Everywhere
- Office 365
- External Learning Tools (i.e. SmarThinking, Publisher Integration)
- Other Technology Tools