First Day Access Textbook Savings Program
Polk State College has partnered with Barnes and Noble as well as Cengage, Macmillan, McGraw Hill, Pearson, and Wiley to offer the First Day Access Textbook Savings Program. The First Day Access Textbook Savings Program allows students to opt-in to receive their textbooks through Canvas. With just a few clicks of the mouse, students gain instant access to their textbooks and save 20-50% or more off the national retail price.
What courses are participating in the program?
For the summer 2019 semester, select sections of ACG3024, DEP2004, ENC1101, LIT1000, MAN3063, PPE2001, PSY2012, QMB3600, and SOP2772 are participating. Check with your instructor, your course syllabus, or the Polk State College Bookstore website at polk.bncollege.com to find out if your course is participating.
What is the benefit of participating in the program?
There are a number of benefits to participating in the program, including deeply discounted prices on your textbooks, the guaranteed right materials, no access codes, deferred billing, and the ability to access your textbooks on or before the first day of class.
How do I opt-in to receive my textbooks?
You will opt-in to receive your textbooks and save money through Canvas.
- Access Canvas at canvas.polk.edu.
2. Access your course from the Dashboard. Access to courses in Canvas begins six days prior to the start of the course.
- Click Course Materials on the left-hand side of the screen. (You may be asked to select your campus. Please select the campus associated with your course. If you select the wrong campus, you will be directed to another page. If this occurs, please repeat the process and select the other campus location.)
- Click the checkbox next to “Opt-In” and click “Confirm.”
What is the deadline to opt-in?
You must opt-in by the end of the drop period for your course. See below for specific dates and consult your course for more details.
Summer 2019 Deadlines:
- Session 1 12-week courses: Opt-in by May 13
- 1ST6 6-week courses: Opt-in by May 13
- 8-week courses: Opt-in by May 13
- 2ND6 6-week courses: Opt-in by June 26
How do I pay for my textbooks?
The price of your textbooks that you opt-in to access through this program will be posted to your student account within 3 business days after the opt-in deadline. If you have financial aid in excess of your tuition, fees, and other Bookstore purchases, your charges will be covered. If you do not have financial aid, you will need to pay online through Passport or visit the Cashier’s Office on either the Winter Haven or Lakeland Campus.
What happens if I drop the course?
If you drop the course before the posted drop deadline, you will not be charged.
Whom do I contact if I need technical support accessing my textbooks?
If you’re having trouble accessing your textbooks, there are multiple ways to get help. You may visit customercare.bncollege.com, you may call Barnes and Noble’s Customer Care line at 844-YUZU-NOW, or you may visit the Bookstore on either the Lakeland or Winter Haven Campus.
Where can I find additional information?
- If your textbook is provided by Cengage, please click here or for access via Yuzo or click here for additional information.
- If your textbook is provided by McGraw Hill, please click here for additional information.
- If your textbook is provided by Pearson, please click here for additional information.