The Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation is an ENGAGE Program; it is a committed Educational Network to GAin STEM Graduates and Enhance STEM education (ENGAGE) through increased educational opportunity and diversification of the workforce. ENGAGE creates a network between secondary education, community colleges, four-year institutions and graduate programs to offer viable pathways to STEM degree achievement.
The LSAMP ENGAGE Program provides the following services and opportunities to participants:
- Career Program Advising
- Scholarship opportunities
- Bridges 2 the Baccalaureate (B2B) Program
- STEM Career Skill Shop Lecture Series
- One-to-One and Group Tutoring
- Sophomore Research Experiences
- Internships and Education Planning
- Seminars and Conferences
The LSAMP ENGAGE participant must:
- Be a prospective or current Polk State College student.
- Identify as an under-represented minority (e.g., African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, or Latino).
- Be pursuing a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) major.
- Have a grade point average of 2.75 or higher.