Registration is Now Open!
Yes, students receive both a snack and lunch; students with special food needs should provide their own food.
Daily transportation is NOT provided; however, field trip bussing is included in the registration fee.
Students Can be Dropped Off starting at 8:00 a.m.
Class Instruction Starts at 9:00 a.m. and Ends at 4:00 p.m.
Students Must be Picked Up no later than 5:00 p.m. daily.
** For the Safety of your Student(s) – NO Exceptions Please **
- Polk State College, Lakeland campus
- Polk State College, Winter Haven campus
- Eaglebot – The middle school program has no qualification requirements.
- Technobot – The high school program has no qualification requirements.
- Mentors must be entering 11th or 12th grade, must be available 6/8 through 6/24, exhibit exemplary behavior and academic capabilities. A recommendation from two (2) Polk County Public School teachers will be required at time of application. Credit towards service hours applies.
- Digital Media students are selected by the program instructors.
This information will be updated soon for the Summer 2015 Program.
The program costs $395, which includes a $35 non-refundable registration fee and $360 program fee. Mentors and Digital Media student programs do not have a cost.
If, after registering, your child is unable to attend TALON, an e-mail request for a refund must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund requests received 14 or more days prior to the first day of class will receive an 80% refund. Refund requests received seven or more days prior to the first day of class will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued for requests received less than seven days prior to the first day of class. The $35 registration fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive a series of e-mail notifications informing you of the application status.
- Upon approval or denial of the application, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to continue. If approved, a link will be provided for you to return to the registration system to complete the registration process.
- Click here for more information on becoming a Mentor
- Click here to apply
The digital media program registration is only open to those students with previous digital medial skills and approved by the two (2) instructors.
Mentors are students entering 11th or 12th grade who are exemplar role model students that work collaboratively with the middle school students. Click Here for More Info
- Apply online by Clicking here
- You will receive an e-mail with notification of your application approval
Excellent students, leaders, strong math/science skills, preferred robotic or previous program experience, site administrator interview and recommendation required. Click here for more information.
- Eaglebots and Technobots – there is a $35.00 non-refundable registration fee and a $360.00 program fee
- Digital Media – no fee
- Mentors – no fee
Click here for staff bios
15:1 or less (students:faculty)
The drop-off and pick-up times remain the same. You will be notified by the site administrators of any changes due to a field trip.
All of the students will come together for a series of competitions. This event allows the students to demonstrate their learning outcomes in a variety of events. The program instructors design tasks that will challenge, yet engage the students. The competition provides a wonderful opportunity for students to showcase their work for their parents and the community.