Capturing Cultures Photo Contest
Polk State College International Education Week Photography Contest Capturing Cultures 2020
Theme: Capturing Cultures illustrates cultural activities, humanities landmarks, study abroad trips, and domestic/international cultural environments.
Awards: First Place, Second Place, and Third Place in Student, Faculty/Staff, and Community divisions. Additional awards include: Best of Show, Guest Judge Award, and Viewer’s Choice Award.
Entry Fee: $10 per image. Limit of 5 entries. (Entry fees are waived for 3 image entries from Polk State College students, faculty, and staff if submitted digitally and framed by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 25, 2020).
Instructions for submitting images:
- ALL submissions will need to be sent digitally as well as printed, matted, framed and ready for display by October 9, 2020.
- All entries must be original.
- Email up to 5 high-resolution large-size digital images.
- Images must be at least 2 MB in resolution size. Please stay under 10MB.
- Include submission form with your info, titles, and short statements (30-50 words) about the photographs to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name and the title of your photo in the file name for reference.
- Deliver up to 5 high resolution, matted, and framed images.
- Framed image size options(choose one below):
- Print on 8”x10” size photo paper with 11”x14” WHITE matting and BLACK framing.
- Print on 11” x 14” size photo paper with 16” x 20” WHITE matting and BLACK framing. (Stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels occasionally provide coupons that can be shown from a cell phone at purchase).
- All entries must be display ready, such as wired to hang. All photos that do NOT meet requirements will not be displayed or judged.
- Delivery Options: Framed images and a copy of the submission form will need to be delivered to campus.
- Please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your delivery date, location, and time.
- All winning framed images will be kept for the Polk State permanent collection. Remaining framed images will be available to be picked up from the Polk State Lakeland Art Gallery, December 7-10.
Judging Images: Polk State College selected Global Initiative Committee.
Evaluation: Images will be evaluated on the illustration of cultural exchange and embrace the theme “Capturing Cultures.” All images, including altered, black and white, and/or other, will be judged in three general categories:
Winners/Awards: Winning images and awards will be announced on Thursday, November 20, 2020.
Viewer’s Choice: Vote for your favorite image. Votes will be accepted in the Polk State Lakeland Gallery, October 15 – November 18, 2020. You can also email your vote to email@example.com.
Exhibition Details: October 15 – December 4, 2020, at the Polk State Lakeland Gallery. Gallery hours are 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday.
Reception/Time/Location: TBD based on COVID-19 criteria.
PowerPoint Presentation: All images will be displayed in a PowerPoint presentation on the Institute for Global Initiatives website.
Disclaimer/Release: The party making any submission hereby confirms that he/she is the owner of the material being submitted, that the material being submitted is the original work of said party, and that he/she has the authority to agree to the terms of this Disclaimer/Release. The submitting party hereby grants and releases to Polk State College the right to use the material being submitted for any purpose, including without limitation, promotions, public relations, publication, or display.
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 863-669-4917