College-Level Examination Program — CLEP
- College-Level Examination Program testing is available on the Winter Haven Campus only.
- The student must call the Winter Haven TLCC (863.292.3674) in advance to schedule the test time.
- Pre-registration is mandatory; there are no provisions for walk-in testing.
- Test times and days are Monday through Thursday at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
- An individual can sign up for a testing account on the College Board website at MyAccount. This account allows the student to select and purchase the exam desired, as well as complete other tasks. The student must bring a printed registration ticket to the testing center.
- A test taker must pay the $35 test administration fee to the Polk State Cashier before the day of the test and prior to the appointment time.
- A test taker must arrive at the TLCC 15 minutes before the scheduled testing appointment with his or her MyAccount registration ticket, a receipt from the Polk State Cashier, and the required form of identification.
- To ensure the integrity and quality of the testing environment, cell phones, electronics, and all other personal digital devices are not permitted in the testing area for any reason.
The total cost per exam is $115.
- The $87 test fee is payable to the College Board through MyAccount.
- A $35 test administration fee is payable at the Polk State Cashier. The test administration fee can be made in cash, by check, or by credit.*
*Please note: A $15 surcharge is added for returned checks.
CLEP Policies for Identification
A PRIMARY ID is required to take a College-Level Examination Program test. This identification must be a government-issued photo ID. The ID must include the candidate’s name, signature, and a recognizable photograph.
Acceptable forms of primary identification include:
- A current passport with name, photograph, and signature
- A valid driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- A State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- A national ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph, and signature
- A Military ID with name, photograph, and electronic signature