Important Program Application Information
Please read the below letter before completing and submitting your application:
Radiography Program Application Letter
Applications to the radiography program are available August 1-31 of each year. The link to the online application will be available on this page beginning August 1. Applications will NOT be accepted until all five (5) prerequisite courses have been completed with a “C” or better. Please review the application checklist with an academic advisor before submitting the final application. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the radiography program director.
Click on the instructions link located at the bottom of the page to set-up your Etrieve account (Polk State College’s electronic document system).
We hope our website provides you with answers to your questions about the Radiography program at Polk State College.
The radiography program fosters and supports creative and positive learning experiences within an atmosphere of academic excellence and continuous improvement. The goal of the radiography program is to provide every student with the knowledge, skills, and professional attributes necessary to succeed as radiographers.
The radiography program provides an organized curriculum that includes courses in general education and radiological education while preparing students for careers as members of the healthcare field. A radiographer is a licensed professional who conducts medical imaging scans using radiographs, fluoroscopic screens, and other imaging modalities. These images are used by physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injury. Radiographers work in hospitals, private practices, clinics, travel agencies, and other qualified facilities.
The radiography program is offered at Polk State’s Airside Center in Lakeland. Classes and clinical assignments are scheduled Monday through Friday.
- Before you can apply you must have activated your Polk State College student email (my.polk.edu). Go to http://outlook.com/my.polk.edu. The default password is your Polk student ID.
- Using Chrome or some browser other than Internet Explorer, go to the “apply here” link on the radiography main web page. This link will take you to the login page for Etrieve, which is Polk State’s electronic document system.
- On the Etrieve login page, your user name is the first part of your Polk student email. For example, a Polk email of email@example.com would have a user name of marysmith22.
- Unless you recently established an Etrieve account and remember your password, click on the “forgot password” link and enter your my.polk.edu email address. An email will be sent to this address providing you an initial password. Check your junk email if you don’t receive the message and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list if necessary.
- Once you have received the initial password, go back to the Etrieve login and sign-in with the user name as noted in Step 3 and the provided password. Once logged into Etrieve, change your password.
- In the Etrieve system, click on “Forms” and look for the radiography application.
- Complete all parts of the application, attach any required documentation requested, and submit the form. Do not submit any other documents.
- Do not contact the Registrar’s Office or the Radiography Department to see if your application was received. You can go back into the Etrieve system at any time and under History, you can see that you submitted the application. It will say “pending” until it is processed. When the application is processed, the pending will change to Approved. Please note that this “approved” is simply a notation that your application has been processed. It is neither a note of completeness and acceptance of your application nor a note of acceptance for admission.