Polk State College Radiography Program
Mission Statement, Program Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes
Program Mission Statement
The Radiography Program fosters and supports creative and positive learning experiences within an atmosphere of academic excellence and continuous improvement. Our goal is to provide personalized services to assure that every student acquires the knowledge, skills and professional attributes necessary to succeed as radiographers.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Students will graduate clinically competent.
- Students will demonstrate proper positioning skills.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate technical factor selection.
- Students will demonstrate proper radiation protection for self and patient.
Students will demonstrate effective communication skills in the classroom and clinic.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills in the classroom and clinic.
- Students will be able to adapt procedures for non-routine exams.
- Students will adapt positioning and patient care techniques to meet the needs of the patient.
Students and graduates will demonstrate professional growth and development.
- Students will participate in a professional development activity.
- Students will complete a specialty rotation.
- Students will exhibit professional behavior in the clinical setting.
The program will graduate entry level technologists.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT examination on their first attempt.
- Graduate scores on the ARRT examination will reflect national averages.
- Graduates will be satisfied with their education and indicate that they were adequately prepared to perform as entry level radiographers.
- Employers will indicate that the graduates are adequately prepared to perform as entry level radiographers.
- Over a 5 year period graduates will, within 6 months, successfully find employment in the imaging profession.
- Enrolled students will graduate from the program.