Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in doing business with Polk State College. We have endeavored to make doing business with the College an uncomplicated process.
To be included in our database of vendors, simply download our Vendor Registration Form (PDF format) or email email@example.com for Word format and either email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 863.297.1085, or mail it to the address on the form.
Registration and notification of bid opportunities is free to all vendors. You do not have to re-register each year. Each time a formal solicitation is distributed we automatically notify, via email, all companies who have registered as a vendor for that item/service. Therefore, it is imperative that you select the correct commodity codes (definition: a system of words & numbers designed to identify and list commodities or services by classes and sub-classes) .
In order for your company to be placed on the correct bidders lists, your Registration Form must include the commodity codes for the goods/services you provide. Here are step-by-step instructions for determining the correct codes for your company:
- Go to nigp.com to determine which 5-digit commodity code(s) to include in your form.
- The log-in area is at the top/center of the webpage.
- To log-in, click in the first field where it says “NIGP Search Login” type in PolkState. in the second field, type in PSC123. Then click “sign in”. We are allowed only one user at a time, so you may have to try again at a later time, if someone else is using the website.
- You will automatically go to nigp.com/welcome.jsp.
- Click on “Keyword Search” using the search tools on the left.
- You will automatically go the Keyword Search screen.
- In the “Keyword(s) field, type in your commodity (what you sell). Example: architect, office supplies, furniture, or computer.
- Click “Perform Search“, and a list of related commodity codes will be offered for your consideration. Scroll down, and choose the codes for all of the commodities that you can provide, and write the 5-digit codes on the bottom of your Registration Form.
- Please be sure to Log Out when you are done, as only one person can be signed-in at a time.
- If you are unable to find an appropriate code(s) which best illustrates your primary business activity, please be sure to state your primary activity in the box provided at the bottom of the form. We will do our best to place your company in the correct categories.
When we receive your form, and enter it into our database, you will be included on the correct Bidders Lists. It is imperative that you provide your remit-to address. Omitting this information will cause delays in payment.
Suggestion: In the email field, include a generic email such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, rather than a single person’s email if at all possible. This will ensure that your company receives the information if the contact person is unavailable to receive the email.
In order to fulfill IRS requirements, we must have a completed W-9 form on file for each company who we do business with. The form must include your Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (Employer Identification Number or Social Security Number). Please download/print this form and submit it with your Vendor Registration Form. The IRS requires that we file form 1099 for certain vendors receiving payments for $600 or more during a calendar year. The IRS may assess a $50 penalty for each failure to provide a Taxpayer ID Number. We are required to withhold 28% for Federal Income Tax purposes for payment to vendors who fail to provide us with their Federal Tax ID Number.
To get your Zip + 4 postal code, click here.
If your company is a Minority or Woman Owned Business, please be sure to complete and attach a copy of your Certificate issued by the State of Florida’s Office of Supplier Diversity.
Should one of our employees place an order and not give you a valid written purchase order (PO) signed by the college’s director of purchasing, you should assume that they are not authorized to place the order. We have a strict PO policy and will return unpaid any invoice that does not have a valid PO. Please note that names and dates do not constitute a valid PO.
Click here to see our standard PO Terms & Conditions.
Polk State additionally advertises ITBs and RFPs via the State Purchasing System (SPURS). To register your company on SPURS click here.
We look forward to doing business with you.
Yours truly,Purchasing Staff
Note: Purchasing staff or other Polk State employee may call you for verbal or written quotations, which is an acceptable practice. No cold calls, please. Call for an appointment.