- Polk State College Purchasing department personnel shall exercise sound business judgment and maintain the highest ethical and moral standards in the conduct of College business.
- Purchasing department personnel must discharge their duties impartially so as to assure fair and open competition between responsible suppliers.
- Acceptance of gifts or gratuities, other than advertising novelties of nominal value, is strictly prohibited. Purchasing department personnel shall not become obligated to any vendor and shall not conduct any College transaction which he/she may personally benefit.
- Purchasing department personnel shall conduct themselves in such a manner as to foster confidence in the integrity of the College.
- The Purchasing department endorses the Code of Ethics as advocated by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), the Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials (FAPPO), and the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP). Purchasing department personnel are expected to be familiar with these Codes of Ethics and abide by them.