Common Questions

  1. Can I submit copies or email copies of my certificates for credits instead of originals?

    No copies or emailed copies are accepted!  Also, no mailed-in or handed-in copies (unless they are originals).

    The student must bring the originally issued state certification (as listed in the catalog) to the Winter Haven Campus Administration Building (WAD). The certification is copied and placed into the student’s record, and the original certification is returned to the student. Articulation fire credits are provided at no cost to the student.

    In 2022, the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training discontinued the practice of automatically issuing a printed certificate; however, a student may specifically request a printed certificate. Polk State College verifies the fire certificate by accessing the student’s state fire records at the Fire College Department of Insurance Continuing Education (FCDICE), State of Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training. The student and FCDICE must coordinate to allow access to records. Information about these certifications is available at the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training website (