Common Questions

  1. I hold an out-of-state, national, or military fire certifications or courses. How can I use these towards the Fire Science Technology degree

    Firefighters who hold out-of-state, national, or military certifications or fire courses must contact the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training (BFST) and ask for an equivalency review to determine what is needed to satisfy or convert these certifications to Florida Fiore Certifications.  For more information, students should contact the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training, 11655 NW Gainesville Rd, Ocala, FL 34482-1486; Telephone: 352.369.2800.

    If these courses are not currently available at Ridge Technical College, please check with the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training (BFST). They are the State of Florida regulatory pro-board that oversees the training providers. BFST keeps a current list of Fire Science courses that are offered throughout the State of Florida. Often, there are private providers that offer these courses at reduced rates and fully online.