The Arts at Polk State College Scholarship Information
Scholarship Eligibility and Standards of Progress:
To be eligible for a Polk State College Performing Arts or Visual Arts Scholarship, a student must:
- Apply to Polk State College and register for courses for the Fall 2022 semester. More information here.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is required for all federal, state, and some institutional aid. The FAFSA form can be filled out online here.
- While not required, students are also strongly encouraged to apply for additional scholarship opportunities provided through the Polk State College Foundation. Get information and apply here.
To maintain eligibility for the Polk State College Arts Scholarship, the student must:
- Enroll in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours for any term that benefits are awarded.
- Complete a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours during each term the scholarship is awarded with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Enroll in the appropriate Arts coursework each term which includes classes in the Arts Pathway as advised by the Arts faculty.
- Perform in all Arts related performances and exhibits as required by the supervising instructor.
- All Arts courses must be passed with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Why is Polk State a great choice for you to begin your college degree?
- Polk State College has strong performing and visual arts programs that will prepare you to transfer to a 4-year college or university and earn your bachelor’s degree.
- By taking your first 2 years of music, theater, or visual arts classes at Polk State, you will meet the requirements needed to transfer to a university music, theatre, or visual arts program as a third-year student.
- The cost of tuition at Polk State College is almost half of that at a state university; making it an excellent value for students and their families.
Click your art area below to schedule your Music or Theatre audition or submit your Visual Arts portfolio