In the “Disputes and Litigation” section of your submittal, include:
- The parties to the lawsuit.
- The basis of the lawsuit (ex: Breach of Contract, Alleged Surveying Error, Improper Design).
- The monetary amount claimed/requested.
- The monetary amount settled/paid.
- Identify if it is a third party lawsuit.
Include lawsuits such as:
- Breach of Contract. Deficient services.
- Oversight in design / design defects.
- Defects or deficiencies (ex: You are a Surveyor, and there was a boundary dispute involving a survey you performed.)
- Errors or omissions.
- Economic loss due to late completion of your services / delays.
- Personal injury/death due to negligence regarding your services.
- Negligence (regarding your services).
- Negligence in insuring reasonable care during performance of services.
- Negligence in overseeing projects.
- Negligence in overseeing maintenance of traffic, if it is specifically your contractual duty.
- Traffic accidents due to negligence in your design.
Exclude lawsuits such as:
- Traffic accidents on or off the project site due to employee being involved in an accident (as the driver of an involved vehicle).
- Liens/lawsuits filed due to non‐payment (by your client) / Attempts to collect outstanding account receivable.
- Third party Lawsuits/Lawsuits where you were dismissed from the case because you were not directly involved in the problem.
- Landlord/tenant lawsuits.
- Cases where you were granted summary judgment and released from the lawsuit.
- Improper termination of employment.
- Negligence cases such as a slip‐and‐fall on your office premises.