When registering with the ODS, you and the Director of Disability and Counseling Services will discuss accommodations that will be beneficial to your overall academic success. Common accommodations that Polk State provides to students with a disability include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Priority Registration
- Faculty Notification Letters
- Readers & Scribes for Exams
- Alternative Formats for Printed Material
- Accessible Classroom Furniture
- Auxiliary Aids and Services
- Assistive Technology Resources
- Extended Testing Time
- Distraction-Reduced Testing Areas
- Course Substitutions
Students seeking temporary accommodations must register with the Office of Disability Services. Medical documentation is required that states the impairment, expected duration of impairment, and effects of impairment. The Office of Disability Services can be reached at 863.669.2309.
The Teaching/Learning Computing Center (TLCC) provides extended testing time, distraction-reduced areas, use of adaptive equipment, or tests in alternative format for approved students.