About Our School
The mission of Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Charter High School is to provide an academic charter alternative for students who have at least 10 high school credits, are not older than 21, and want to graduate from high school and transition to college, the work force or the military.
Vision Statement: All GHS enrollees will graduate from high school and college and become self-actualized citizens and successful leaders in their communities.
By the time of graduation, a GHS enrollee can expect to have:
- A standard high school diploma
- At least 9 college credits
- A plan for transitioning to college, military or work
- Comfort with the overall college experience
- Skills for ongoing success in the workplace or in college
- Competencies for individual accountability
This public charter school represents an exciting new opportunity for local area students who have earned 45% of the credits required for high school graduation, providing students with maximum flexibility and opportunity for success. The school was funded in part by a grant from the Gateway to College National Network.
Quick Facts about Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School:
- Coursework is conducted on the Lakeland Campus
- Courses are delivered in a face-to-face format (minimal online)
- Students are provided tutoring as needed
- Offers one-to-one instructional support
- Assistance with navigating available social services
- Students will be able to earn a high school diploma
- Students will be able to jump start their college studies
- Fully Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School Council on Accreditation and School Improvement through Advanc-ED in 2020.
At Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School, we believe in providing a holistic educational experience that extends beyond the traditional classroom. Our wrap-around services include mentoring, tutoring, and small class sizes, ensuring that each student receives personalized attention and support. We meet students where they are on their academic journey, tailoring their education to their individual needs.
Add Page LinkOne of our standout features is the opportunity for students to earn college credits while pursuing their high school diploma. Some students take advantage of the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Certificates or even a Bachelor’s degree, which allows them to gain a head start on their higher education journey.
Preparing for standardized tests is a crucial part of our curriculum. We offer ACT, PSAT, and SAT preparation and testing, along with specialized bootcamps to equip our students with the skills and confidence needed for success. Additionally, we believe in expanding horizons through immersive experiences, such as college tours and career tours, broadening students’ perspectives and fostering their career aspirations.
Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School
3425 Winter Lake Road – Station 80
Lakeland, Florida 33803
School Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 2:10 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Like us on Facebook