About Our School
The mission of Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Charter High School is to provide an academic charter alternative for students who have at least 10 high school credits, are not older than 21, and want to graduate from high school and transition to college, the work force or the military.
Vision Statement: All GHS enrollees will graduate from high school and college and become self-actualized citizens and successful leaders in their communities.
By the time of graduation, a GHS enrollee can expect to have:
- A standard high school diploma
- At least 9 college credits
- A plan for transitioning to college or work
- Comfort with the overall college experience
- Skills for ongoing success in the workplace or in college
- Competencies for individual accountability
This public charter school represents an exciting new opportunity for local area students who have earned 45% of the credits required for high school graduation, providing students with maximum flexibility and opportunity for success. The school was funded in part by a grant from the Gateway to College National Network.
Quick Facts about Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School:
- Coursework is conducted on the Lakeland Campus
- Courses are delivered in an online and face-to-face format
- Students are provided tutoring as needed
- Offers one-to-one instructional support
- Assistance with navigating available social services is available
- Students will be able to obtain a high school diploma
- Students will be able to earn a jump start on their college studies
- Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School students have the opportunity to earn at least nine college credits while still in high school.
- Fully Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School Council on Accreditation and School Improvement through Advanc-ED in 2016.
Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School
3425 Winter Lake Road – Station 80
Lakeland, Florida 33803
School Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Dr. Meesha Downing-Townsend is the Parental Involvement Representative for Polk State Lakeland Gateway to College High School. Dr. Downing-Townsend can be reached at 863-669-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School Grade for the 2015-16 School Year is = N/A
School Grade for the 2016-17 School Year is = Commendable
School Grade for the 2017-18 School Year is = Commendable
School Grade for the 2018-19 School Year is = Commendable
School Grade for the 2019-2020 School Year is = N/A
Like us on Facebook