Cash Management Department

  1. Can I make a payment over the phone?

    No, payments can be made online, in-person or via mail to:

    Polk State College
    999 Ave H NE
    Winter Haven, FL 33881

  2. What are your hours?

    1. Cash Management Assistants are available on the Winter Haven & Lakeland Campuses
    • Mon-Thurs 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
    • Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; closed on weekends.
    • ChildCare Testing Nights 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. for specific days such as the Beginning of Fall & Spring term classes, First Major Disbursement of Fall & Spring term, First 2 days of Open Registration for Fall & Spring term. Please contact CMA office for additional details at 863-297-1000 ext 5536 or 6146. Extended hours are subject to change as needed.
  3. What types of payments are accepted?

    We accept cash, check/money order, credit/debit (includes Visa, MC, Amex & Discover).

  4. Can I make a partial payment on tuition?

    No, however, we do offer a third party payment plan through NelNet.

  5. Can I pay with multiple cards/payment methods?

    Yes, in person only with help from a Cash Management Assistant.

  6. When will I receive a refund for a dropped class or out of pocket payment?

    Refunds that are NOT financial aid related are disbursed within 21 business days of the first day of class. Payments made via cash or check are refunded through BankMobile and credit/debit card payments will go back to the card used for purchase.

  7. How do I set up a tuition payment plan (TPP)?

    Log into Passport, select pay now, select Tuition Payment Plan. You will be re-directed to the NelNet website to complete your payment plan. NelNet 800.609.8056

  8. Can I cancel/change my tuition payment plan (TPP)?

    Yes. Contact NelNet directly at 800.609.8056 for details regarding deadlines for increasing/decreasing the amount of your plan, or plan cancellation. For additional information, contact the Office of Student Accounts at 863.297.1000 x5082.

  9. When will I receive a refund from NelNet?

    Refunds or overpayments to NelNet will be issued by Polk State College 45 days after the last day of the add and drop period for the main term session. For additional information contact the Office of Student Accounts @ 863-297-1000 x5082

  10. When/How will I receive my 1098-T?

    1098-T’s are issued either electronically or by mail based on your selected delivery method in Passport. Electronic versions are located on Passport under the My Financials tab. For additional information, contact the Office of Student Accounts at 863.297.1000 x5082.

  11. What if there is an error on my 1098-T, or I didn’t receive one?

    Contact the Office of Student Accounts at 863.297.1000 x5082.

  12. When will I get my Financial Aid refund?

    Disbursement dates are available on the academic calendar, or by contacting Financial Aid at 863.297.1000 x5388.

  13. Questions regarding Financial Aid deadlines, awards or refund amounts?

    Contact Financial Aid at 863.297.1000 x5388.