Thank you for your interest in the Medical Coding Specialist Program. Here is some general information about the program.
- The coding program consists of 12 classes and takes 5 semesters to complete.
- The cost is approximately $6200 for tuition and books.
- Classes combine online, face-to-face, and hybrid. In each semester students are required to be in class one evening per week, 6-9 p.m., with the remaining work completed online.
- The on-campus class night varies each semester.
- Classes are held on the Airside Center West campus. The address is 3515 Aviation Drive, Lakeland.
PROGRAM COURSE PATHWAY
Students may begin the program in any semester. Each student will be given a Program Pathway based on the following sequence:
HIM 1112, Electronic Health Records
HIM 1472, Medical Terminology for Medical Coding
HIM 1453, Anatomy and Physiology for Health Information Management
HIM 2724, ICD-10 Coding
HIM 1443, Human Disease for Healthcare Documentation
HIM 2721, CPT Coding
HIM 1442, Pharmacology for Health Information Management Professionals
HIM 1272, Medical Insurance and Billing Fundamentals
HIM 2292, Advanced Coding Applications
HIM 1000, Fundamentals of Health Information Management
HIM 2810L, Coding Application Practicum
HIM 2874, Medical Coding Certification Exam Review
In order to begin the program, students should complete the Polk State College Admission Steps as outlined here: https://www.polk.edu/admission-aid/admissionsteps/
After the admission steps are completed, students must contact the Medical Coding department for assistance with a Program Pathway and course registration: email@example.com