Paramedic Program Application
Please review the below information regarding the program prerequisites and the application process. The EMS Program will accept only online applications using the link below.
- Current State of Florida EMT License
- Current Polk State College student in good standing
- Completed all college preparatory courses in reading and writing, as well as MAT0012 (Arithmetic with Pre-Algebra), if necessary
- Completed any of the following pre-requisite courses: BSC1084C, or BSC2085C and BSC2086C
- Current grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher
*Please note that prerequisites to a program and courses that can be taken prior to admission to a program can change; students not yet admitted may be required to take additional or alternate prerequisites prior to admission to the program. Advanced placement for paramedic is not utilized by Polk State College Emergency Medical Services program.
- Before you begin the application, you must apply to Polk State College, where you will receive a student ID number. The application will require you to enter your Polk State College student ID number.
- The application will open March 1st and will be available until May 31st.
- The Employment Information and Licensure Inquiry Agreement will need to be completed and uploaded in a .pdf format during the application.
- Selected candidates for admission, as well as those not selected, will be notified of their status by email no later than June.