Paramedic Program Application
Please review the below information regarding the program prerequisites and the application process. The EMS Program will accept only online applications using the link below.
- Current State of Florida EMT License
- Current Polk State College student in good standing
- Completed all college preparatory courses in reading and writing, as well as MAT0012 (Arithmetic with Pre-Algebra), if necessary
- Completed any of the following pre-requisite courses: BSC1084C, or BSC2085C and BSC2086C
- Current grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher
*Please note that prerequisites to a program and courses that can be taken prior to admission to a program can change; students not yet admitted may be required to take additional or alternate prerequisites prior to admission to the program.
- Before you begin the application, you must apply to Polk State College, where you will receive a student ID number. The application will require you to enter your Polk State College student ID number.
- The application will open March 1st and will be available until May 31st.
- The Employment Information and Licensure Inquiry Agreement will need to be completed and uploaded in a .pdf format during the application.
- Selected candidates for admission, as well as those not selected, will be notified of their status by email no later than June.