- The first step for the bachelor’s degree is to complete an online application at www.polk.edu/admission-aid for acceptance as a degree-seeking student at Polk State College. Use the Admission Guide to Polk State College, which has details, a comprehensive checklist, and a great FAQ section to help students complete all the admission requirements to the College.
- Submit official college transcripts (for an AA or AS degree or the equivalent) to the Polk State College Registrar’s office.
- Complete the General Knowledge Test for Florida Teacher Certification Examinations and notify PearsonVUE to send scores to Polk State College.
- Complete fingerprint-based background check through the Polk County School Board.
- Complete the online orientation for Polk State College.
- Print the Additional Admission Requirements packet.
- Create a professional letter of introduction as described in the packet.
- Provide a signature and date to acknowledge all statements of understanding in the packet.
- Submit the completed packet at one of the following locations:
- Polk State Lakeland Campus Office of the Dean of Academic Affairs – LLC 2278
- Polk State Winter Haven Campus Office of the Dean of Academic Affairs – WSC 101