Admission to the BS in Early Childhood Education program requires:
- Associate of Arts degree or an Associate of Science degree in Early Childhood Education and Management (or the equivalent) from an regionally-accredited school or college.
- If the student’s associate’s degree is from a non-regionally accredited institution, but is nationally accredited, the degree qualifies for admission, but a course-by-course evaluation is done according to Polk State College’s transfer practices and policies. More information can be found at: www.polk.edu/admission-aid/transfer-students
- Associates level degree must be earned with a minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of three common Education Prerequisite Courses (AA electives) with a grade of “C” or higher
- EDF1005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession
- EDF2085 – Introduction to Diversity for Educators
- EME2040 – Introduction to Technology for Educators
- EDF1250 – Introduction to Classroom Management (recommended, but not required)
- Passing score on the General Knowledge Test (GKT) of the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE). Please request that a copy of your GKT scores be sent directly to Polk State College.
- Fingerprint-based background check. The form can be downloaded here.
- Additional admission requirements include the submission of a cover letter and specific acknowledgements, which can be downloaded here.
- Under special circumstances, a one-semester admission waiver can be requested. For more information, contact Dr. Patty Linder at email@example.com