Admission to the BS in Early Childhood Education program requires:
Associate of Arts degree or an Associate of Science degree in Early Childhood Education and Management, or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited school or college with a minimum 2.5 grade point average(GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
- If the student’s associate’s degree is from a non-regionally accredited institution but is nationally accredited, the degree qualifies for admission, but a course-by-course evaluation is done according to Polk State College’s transfer practices and policies. More information can be found here.
Completion of EDF1005 (Introduction to the Teaching Profession)with a grade of “C” or higher. (Please note: EDF1005 is the only required lower-division education course required to be taken by the state of Florida. However, other lower-division courses listed below are important for providing a strong base before moving into the bachelor’s level and are highly recommended.)
- EDF1005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession – Required
- EDF2085 – Introduction to Diversity for Educators – Recommended, not required
- EME2040 – Introduction to Technology for Educators – Recommended, not required
- EDF1250 – Introduction to Classroom Management – Recommended, not required
Admission Steps to Complete
For a list of all steps required for admission to the Bachelor of Science in the Early Childhood Education program, or to contact your assigned Program Coordinator, see the Admission Checklist.
Please see Admission Checklist for fall and spring admission deadlines.