Admission to the BS in Early Childhood Education program requires:
Associate of Arts degree or an Associate of Science degree in Early Childhood Education and Management, or the equivalent, from a regionally-accredited school or college with a minimum 2.5-grade point average(GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
- If the student’s associate’s degree is from a non-regionally accredited institution but is nationally accredited, the degree qualifies for admission, but a course-by-course evaluation is done according to Polk State College’s transfer practices and policies. More information can be found here.
Completion of EDF1005 (Introduction to the Teaching Profession)with a grade of “C” or higher. (Please note: EDF1005 is the only required lower-division education course required to be taken by the state of Florida. However, other lower-division courses listed below are important for providing a strong base before moving into the bachelor’s level and are highly recommended.)
- EDF1005 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession – Required
- EDF2085 – Introduction to Diversity for Educators – Recommended, not required
- EME2040 – Introduction to Technology for Educators – Recommended, not required
- EDF1250 – Introduction to Classroom Management – Recommended, not required
Admission Steps to Complete
For a list of all steps required for admission to the Bachelor of Science in the Early Childhood Education program, or to contact your assigned Program Coordinator, see the Admission Checklist: Early Childhood Education.