Entrepreneurship Certificate Program (Credit)
Program Number: 68050
The Entrepreneurship Certificate Program is a 12-credit-hour program in which students assess the fundamental skills necessary to start and operate their own businesses, collaborate with others to identify business opportunities, join entrepreneurial ventures, or work in an entrepreneurial capacity for an established organization. After completion of this program, a student may obtain employment by launching a business venture, working for any business in any industry, and/or proceed toward completion of an Associate in Science in Business Administration and/or a Bachelor of Applied Science in Supervision and Management.
The program can be completed in two semesters.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
The PERT test places students at the appropriate level in reading, writing, and math courses. In some cases, students must start the educational journey with classes designed to prepare them for college-level coursework. Recent ACT or SAT scores may also be used for placement. Students who test into college preparatory courses must successfully complete all of the required coursework associated with the certificate program in addition to the necessary preparatory courses.
At the completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the macro-environment that businesses operate within to determine entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Utilize accounting concepts to interpret financial data, and use that data to make informed decisions about the operating performance and financial position of a company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and regulatory issues of operating a business.
- Recommend appropriate marketing strategies that enable a business to succeed.
- Apply leadership and managerial skills to build relationships in the workplace that are effective with customers, employees, and suppliers.
- Assess all aspects of operating a small business.
- Assess the ability of a business to raise capital through the completion of a comprehensive business plan.
Click here to see the curriculum for the Entrepreneurship Certificate.