How to Apply
- You must be a high school junior or senior with an un-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher to qualify for Lakeland Collegiate’s Information Systems or Criminal Justice program, or a 3.0 unweighted GPA for the AA (Associate of Arts) degree program. You must have a minimum of 11 high school credits at the end of your tenth-grade year and be on track for earning a standard Florida high school diploma.
- Students may apply in the spring of their Sophomore or Junior year of high school. Public information meetings will be held in the month of January and February each year on the Lakeland campus of Polk State College to provide detailed information about the school and the application process. All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of these information sessions.
- The applicant must have PERT scores to enroll in Lakeland Collegiate High School. To take the PERT placement test and obtain a Polk State student ID, an admission ticket is required. The test may be taken Monday – Saturday during the posted testing hours at the TLCC on any campus. All testing supplies are furnished. Calculators are not permitted. The admission ticket to take the PERT and obtain a Polk State student ID can be obtained by completing an admission application online and at the end of the application for Polk State College, please print the testing ticket for the PERT https://polkstatecollege.formstack.com/forms/application.
- If you currently have a Polk State student ID a placement testing ticket is all that is needed and can be obtained through the Student Services Office and is required for all PERT testing.
- The PERT test is an un-timed assessment taken on a computer. Applicants must know their Social Security number and have a photo ID. Applicants must bring a photo ID to the test location. Click here for Testing locations
- PERT Resources to prepare for the PERT Test – Mometrix free online tutorials & Free Pert Practice Tests online
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete the online application and upload all required test scores and documents. You will receive a confirmation message once you have submitted the application successfully.
- Recruit nights will be held on Wednesday, January 15th, Tuesday, January 21st & Monday, January 27th, 2020 @ 6:30 p.m. in the LTB Auditorium (LTB Building)
- The lottery application deadline is March 1, 2020, at 11:59 P.M. The application will be available on the webpage beginning January 15, 2020, after the meeting.