Polk State College has partnered with the Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally to provide food services on the Lakeland and Winter Haven campuses through a rotating variety of local food trucks.
Beginning November 1, food truck service will be provided on the two main Polk State campuses. Members of the College community should download the StreetFoodFinder app or visit streetfoodfinder.com for schedules and to pre-order. The trucks will be parked in the parking lot in front of the Lakeland Academic Center (LAC) on the Lakeland Campus and in the parking lot behind the Student Center (WST) on the Winter Haven Campus.
Individuals are encouraged to order online in advance and take advantage of the fall weather and outdoor seating areas on campus to enjoy their lunch breaks.
Members of the College community should visit the dedicated food truck webpages for schedules and to pre-order meals for convenience:
- Polk State Lakeland Campus – tampabayfoodtruckrally.com/polk-state-college-lakeland-campus
- Polk State Winter Haven Campus – tampabayfoodtruckrally.com/polk-state-college-winter-haven-campus
To celebrate the arrival of the food trucks, Polk State’s Student Activities & Leadership Office (SALO) will be hosting several exciting promotions including:
- November 1 – The first 175 students who register for Spring 2022 Semester classes on this day will receive $10 in Food Truck Bucks that can be redeemed through the month of November 2021. Winners will receive an email with details.
- November 11 & 17 – The first 25 students to visit the Lakeland Campus food trucks on each of these days will receive $10 in Food Truck Bucks.
- November 16 & 17 – The first 25 students to visit the Winter Haven Campus food trucks on each of these days will receive $10 in Food Truck Bucks.
Food trucks are the latest addition to the College’s post-pandemic food options.
The College continues to offer vending services with heat-and-eat food service options such as Hot Pockets® Sandwiches, Tyson® Breaded Chicken Mini Sandwiches, and Campbell’s® Soup at Hand®. Healthier options are available such as cold sandwiches, hummus, and yogurt, along with snacks like pretzels and trail mix.
Vending machines are located at all Polk State locations, with heat-and-eat options available in the Student Centers on the Lakeland and Winter Haven campuses and the Eagle’s Nests at the Center for Public Safety and Clear Springs Advanced Technology Center.