Now is the time to reapply for financial aid!
You must complete a new FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year beginning in October for the fall enrollment. Financial Aid Workshops are now available to assist you with completing the 2018-19 and 2019-20 FAFSA
STUDENTS WHO ATTEND THE POLK STATE FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
1. Your student/spouse federal tax return and necessary income from required tax year above (if available)
2. Your parents’ federal tax return, Social Security number(s), and date(s) of birth, unless::
• You were born before January 1, 1995 (2019-2020) or January 1, 1996 (2020-2021)
• You are married
• You are an orphan/ward of the court, or emancipated minor
• You have legal custody of a child who received more than half of his/her support
• You are a veteran of the US Armed Forces
• You are or were deemed under legal guardianship by the court
• You are an unaccompanied or homeless youth. (Please see step three on the FAFSA for the exact definition of these circumstances, or contact our office)
3. Your total untaxed income received
If you, or your spouse, or your parents (if applicable) received any untaxed income, such as child support, funds given to you or paid on your behalf, disability, workers’ compensation, veterans’ benefits, etc., you must report it on the financial aid application.
4. Please bring your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
FSA IDs can be created at www.studentaid.ed.gov
ATTEND ONE OF OUR FAFSA WORKSHOPS FOR ASSISTANCE!
If you have any questions, please contact the Polk State College Office of Student Financial Services at 863.297.1004 or email@example.com