ELITE Leadership Legacy Scholarship
The ELITE (Exceptional Leaders with Innovative Talents and Excellence) Legacy Scholarship was established to recognize and encourage a deserving Polk State student who reflects the vision and mission of the ELITE leadership program. The scholarship enables ELITE to encourage students with demonstrated leadership potential and a personal value of service to the community to continue to cultivate his/her professional development and leadership acumen.
The anticipated award will be presented at the ELITE Ambassador’s luncheon for the amount of $500. The luncheon is scheduled for Friday, July 12, 2019, at 11:30 a.m., at the Polk State Winter Haven Student Center, WST 126.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
1. Students must be enrolled at Polk State College for the term in which they wish to apply their scholarship award.
2. The award recipient must be actively engaged in leadership activities and should continue those activities during the term in which they use their award.
3. The applicant should have a history of significant community service activities.
4. The applicant must be a student in good standing with the College.
5. Applicants must submit their completed application packet by the due date indicated.
PLEASE NOTE: Full-time employees and their dependents are not eligible to apply.
The application period is from May 20 to June 21, 2019. To apply, students must submit the following on or before Friday, June 21, 2019:
• A completed scholarship application form.
• One letter of support from a Polk State College instructor or a volunteer site supervisor who can speak to the student’s qualifications.
• Résumé that includes a list of community service activity.
• Personal essay (not to exceed three (3) typed, double-spaced pages) that includes the following:
• Discuss your leadership experiences and how they have shaped you as an individual.
• Discuss your service interests and how they align with your future goals.
• Discuss how this scholarship will allow you to positively impact the Polk State community.
Students may request an application by contacting Nixsa DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the application is completed, the student must submit application materials electronically to email@example.com.
The subject line of the email should read: ELITE Scholarship Application (name of student).