Polk State College will be closing at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21, through Sunday, November 26, in observance of Thanksgiving.
All College operations will close at 3 p.m. on November 21 with the following exceptions:
- Public safety classes that are fulfilling required contact hours and scenario-based activities will maintain their current schedule and are not affected.
- Testing appointments in the Teaching Learning Computing Centers (TLCCs) on November 21 will be maintained and are not affected by the change in closure time.
- Leadership Development in Public Administration courses are not affected.
The College and the collegiate high schools will reopen on Monday, November 27, 2023.
While faculty and staff may be off campus during this time, enrollment will continue to take place for the Spring 2024 Semester, which will begin on January 8.
Currently enrolled Polk State students will register for classes in Passport. Prospective students should submit a free online application to the College by clicking here.
College staff will be monitoring emails while campuses are closed.
- Admission assistance is available by email based on the first letter of last name (A-M: firstname.lastname@example.org and N-Z: email@example.com).
- Advising is available by email based on the first letter of last name (A-M: firstname.lastname@example.org and N-Z: email@example.com).
- General assistance is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial aid assistance is available by emailing email@example.com.