Computers are available for use by currently enrolled students and are equipped with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), course-specific software, various Adobe products, and Internet access for academic purposes.
Support for usage of the above named software, as well as the PAL distance learning platform, Passport, and Polk State email account is available in the TLCC. Additional assistance can also be found at: polk.edu/distance-learning/pal-student-orientation/
Printing, Copying, and Scanning Services
Polk State College offers printing, copying, and scanning services in the libraries and TLCCs at the Lakeland and Winter Haven campuses and the JD Alexander Center and Center for Public Safety. The self-serve printers accept credit/debit cards and BankMobile cards. They will not accept cash.
There are five ways to print to a self-serve print station:
- Print via email – email files to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a printing code and barcode to use at any print station.
- Print via cloud-based server – access Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive from any print station.
- Print via USB – access files off a USB from any print station.
- Print via PrintMe app – download the PrintMe app from Google Play or the App Store and send prints from your mobile device.
- Print via Polk State computers – send prints from most Polk State computers.
If you need assistance, please ask a staff member.
Instructor-Produced Computer Programs (IP) for Biology and Anatomy and Physiology courses are available for student access.
WiFi is available in the TLCCs and throughout the College.