"Without community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. It's important to the person who serves as well as the recipient. It's the way in which we ourselves grow and develop..." — Dr. Dorothy I. Height
Colleges pay attention to what you do both inside and outside the classroom. Academics come first, but what you choose to do with your free time reveals a great deal about you!
Sign up if you want to:
- Make a meaningful contribution to your community
- Demonstrate you can manage your time and priorities
- Exercise your time-management skills
- Develop your interpersonal abilities
- Find an outlet for your passions and interests
- Explore possible careers and the world around you
- Build your job skills and experience resume
Then join the Eagleteers today! The Eagleteers is a student-run organization. The Winter Haven chapter meets once a month on Monday afternoons. Student volunteers help out around campus, at special events and activities, or assist at community agencies.
You can pick up a volunteer application packet at the Winter Haven Advising counter or the Lakeland SALO office.