Polk State College encourages all individuals to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalizations, and death. COVID-19 vaccines are widely accessible and are strongly recommended for anyone 12 years of age and older.
More information about vaccines can be found at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-
The Florida Department of Health in Polk County (DOH-Polk) has walk-in vaccination sites throughout the county.
DOH-Polk offers all three COVID-19 vaccines. Available for 18 years of age and older: Moderna (2 dose series) and Johnson & Johnson (one dose). Available for 12 years of age and older: Pfizer (2 dose series).
Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and no appointments are necessary at the following locations:
- Mondays: Lakeland DOH Clinic, 3241 Lakeland Hills Blvd., Lakeland, FL, 33805
- Wednesdays: Auburndale Vaccination Center, 245 E. Lake Ave., Auburndale, FL, 33823
- Thursdays: Specialty Care Clinic, 1255 Brice Blvd., Bartow, FL, 33830
- Fridays: Haines City DOH Clinic, 1700 Baker Ave. E, Haines City, FL, 33844
- For homebound individuals needing a vaccine – please call: 863.519.7911
Individuals can also be vaccinated by appointment at any of the following locations:
Individuals can also use the Florida Department of Health’s vaccine locator which can be accessed here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/