Polk State College, in partnership with the Florida Department of Health in Polk County (DOH-Polk), is offering the opportunity for individuals who are age 18 and over to receive the COVID-19 vaccine during on-campus vaccination events. Vaccination will be by appointment only.
Please click on the links below to make an appointment for the next event on FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021 at Polk State Winter Haven Campus. The event will be in the Winter Haven Health Center (WHC). DOH-Polk will be administering the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine at this event. Individuals will be able to choose when they arrive for their appointments.
- Friday, April 30 – 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Friday, April 30 – 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Friday, April 30 – 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Friday, April 30 – 12:30 PM – 1:00 pm
- Friday, April 30 – 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
In preparation for vaccination appointments, individuals are asked to:
1.) Download, print, and complete the COVID-19 Screening and Consent Form which can be accessed HERE.
2.) Read about the Moderna vaccine HERE.
3.) Bring the completed COVID-19 Screening and Consent Form and a photo ID to your appointment.
4.) Plan to wait 15-30 minutes following vaccination for observation.
Please note that any individual vaccinated with any other vaccine (flu, pneumonia, tetanus, shingles, etc.) must wait 14 days before being vaccinated for COVID-19.
If you are unable to make it to an on-campus vaccination event, there are many places in the community where you can make an appointment. These include:
Individuals can also use the Florida Department of Health’s vaccine locator which can be accessed here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/