Qualifications for Admission
Applicants must have met the following admission criteria by the time of application (August 15 through September 15 for prospective candidates applying via the Linkage Program; September 1 through September 30 for any other prospective candidates):
- Admission to Polk State College as a degree-seeking student with all required admission documents received by the Registrar’s Office.
Note: Transcripts should be received at least 6 weeks prior to September 1.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 upon application
Note: GPA only includes courses that are completed, graded, and that appear on the student’s college transcripts.
- Completion of college developmental education courses.
- Completion of the following prerequisites with a C or higher:
- BSC 2085C Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- PSY 2012 General Psychology
- ENC 1101 College Composition I
- Completion of 20 hours of observation of occupational therapy services. Hours must be documented on the FILLABLE Observation Hours Form-2015
Note: Observation hours are valid for up to three years from date of completion.
- Applicants are to submit a resume along with the application form. A template is available at the OTA “Forms” page.
Please note that prerequisites to a program and courses that can be taken prior to admission to a program can change. Students not yet admitted may be required to take additional or alternate prerequisites prior to admission to the program.