Network Security Certificate
This program offers coursework that provides coherent content aligned with relevant technical skills that are needed to prepare the individual for further education and a career within the network security and information protection arena of Information Technology. The seven classes in the certificate contribute to skill sets from several domains within the security body of knowledge.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs):
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate is able to:
PLO1: Demonstrate proficiency in securing network infrastructures and protecting data.
PLO2: Demonstrate proficiency in performing security penetration testing.
PLO3: Demonstrate proficiency in responding to cybersecurity incidents.
PLO4: Demonstrate proficiency in the essential elements of forensic analysis.
Program Requirements (21 Credits Required)
- CET 2615C – Scaling Networks
- CET 2688C – System Security Practitioner (SSCP)
- CGS 2135C – Computer Forensics
- CIS 2352C – Ethical Hacking
- CTS 2126C – Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CTS 2376C – Firewall Services and Cybersecurity Essentials
- CTS 2664C – CCNA Security
Total Program Hours: 21