Polk State College SOAR 2022
Polk State College will be the first choice for higher education in Polk County.
Polk State College, a quality-driven institution serving Polk County and beyond, transforms students’ lives through the power of teaching and lifelong learning by providing access to affordable associate and baccalaureate degrees, career certificates, and workforce employment programs, delivered through various modalities and innovative technologies and by diverse, qualified faculty and staff.
Polk State College defines student success as the completion of individual higher education and career goals.
By Academic Year 2021-2022, Fall-to-Fall retention will increase by 2 percentage points.
By Academic Year 2021-2022, the total number of academic awards earned will increase by 5%.
By Academic Year 2012-2022, the total number of post-college placements (transfer and employment) will increase by 2 percentage points.
1. Promote Retention – By Academic Year 2021-2022, Fall-to-Fall retention will increase by 2 percentage points.
1. Use data-informed decision making and continuous improvement to increase transparency, inclusivity, and innovation throughout the College.
2. Ensure financial, physical, and technological resources are adequate to support institutional programs and departments.
2. Support Completion – By Academic Year 2021-2022, the total number of academic awards earned will increase by 5%.
1. Provide students with a program of study that contains a clear, effective path from entry to graduation. (FCS Goal 3.1)
2. Ensure high-quality learning experiences and academic support through faculty and staff professional development. (FCS Goal 3.2)
3. Ensure educational effectiveness of academic and student support programs through outcome assessment and program review.
3. Celebrate Achievement – By Academic Year 2012-2022, the total number of post-college placements (transfer and employment) will increase by 2 percentage points.
1. Align curricular and workforce programs with transfer and labor market needs. (FCS Goal 4.2)
2. Enhance relationships with State University System institutions to create a seamless process for transfer. (FCS Goal 4.1)
3. Develop and sustain partnerships with educational institutions, businesses, and civic organizations. (FCS Goal 4.3)