The Honors Program features General Education courses offered primarily in honors format. Course listings vary each semester. To view the latest Honors Program course schedules, please click at one of the links to the right.
For more information, please see an advisor or email email@example.com.
Honors Program Directed Study
Are you interested in research? If so, Polk State offers IDH 2903: Honors Program Directed Study. This is a three-credit course in which an Honors Program student works independently on a project under the guidance of two faculty who agree to work with the student. The three credits count towards the 18 credits necessary for graduation from the Honors Program.
– Be an Honors Program student who has completed 9 credits of Honors Program coursework
– Select a topic you wish to study and two faculty members with whom you wish to work
– Submit your prospectus for the project to your faculty as soon as possible but no later than a week before classes start
-Present your final project at the Honors Program Academic Showcase at the end of the semester
In order to register for this course, you or one of your two faculty needs to contact one of the following:
- Lakeland campus: Professor Larry Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Haven campus: Professor Ana Maria Myers, email@example.com
Professor Fitzgerald or Myers will contact your campus dean to create a section of IDH 2903 so you can register for it.