OEDI Vision, Mission, Goals
Polk State College is an innovative and engaging institute that celebrates, values, and embraces diversity and creates an environment of understanding, acceptance, and inclusiveness.
The mission of the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (OEDI) is to assist the College in fulfilling its strategic goals and supporting its core values by facilitating diversity processes, programs, events, and policies that support diversity awareness, cultural awareness, and develop superb and diverse leaders.
- Offer the Polk State College community educational and training experiences to expand awareness, knowledge, and cultural competencies that aid in understanding and managing global diversity.
- Serve as a resource for and work with the Polk State College community (students, faculty, staff, and administration) to establish rules, procedures, and guidelines that support diversity and inclusion and prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Provide leadership development opportunities for administration, career, faculty, and professional/technical staff that support and promote the College’s commitment to its core value of diversity and create an environment of inclusiveness.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate equity programs, policies, and procedures that ensure compliance with state and federal civil rights laws and regulations.
- Foster collaboration and partnerships with all campuses, centers, and communities (local/state/national) in the area of diversity.
DIVERSITY IS THE UNIQUENESS IN “U”