Thanks for thinking of our students!
We’re excited that you want to be a part of the Polk State College community. Make sure you register on College Central to get the most out of your relationship with us! You can post jobs and do resume searches with this helpful tool. While we LOVE when you hire our students, there are other ways you can engage, as well:
- Visit our campus and talk to students about what you do
- Participate in a Professional Observation Day
- Hire an intern for short-term projects
- Invite a student to observe a board meeting or other professional event
- Mentor a student who is interested in your industry or profession
- Participate in on-campus mock interview days
Our community is central to the career development of our students. Contact us today to get involved!
• I certify that I represent an equal opportunity employer complying with all state and federal laws granting rights to applicants offering employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Students who make their resumes available to you via the Polk State College Central have voluntarily released confidential information about their backgrounds on the condition that this information is for employment purposes only. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prohibits the disclosure of this information to parties outside your organization without the written consent from each candidate.
• Employment opportunities submitted by employers for the electronic job listing board cannot be combined with the marketing and/or sale of products or services to students.
• Any upfront costs related to the student being employed or being considered for employment including (but not limited to) membership fees; startup fees; fees for lessons/training; portfolio costs; placement fees; and the purchase of sample or sales kits, etc., must be EXPLICIT in the position listing. Commission only positions must not indicate a potential earning amount, and may only state “commission only” as the wage anywhere in the position listing.
• There are labor laws that apply to UNPAID internships. Employers are responsible for reviewing federal information and complying with labor laws for unpaid internships. For more information, please review the information provided by the U.S. Department of Labor regarding internship programs under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
• The College retains the right to remove any job listing(s) from the electronic job listing board without consulting or informing the submitting employer.
• All organizations listing positions with the Career Resource Centers are expected to work within a framework of professionally accepted recruiting, interviewing and selection techniques as stipulated in the NACE Principles for Professional Practice. We reserve the right to deny access to our online job listing system and/or on-campus recruiting to any employer(s) we determine have not conducted their recruiting efforts legally, or ethically, or in compliance with College policies.