Remote PERT Testing
Postsecondary Education Readiness Test
To take the PERT test for high school graduates
To take the PERT test online you will need a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam and internet access. You will also be required to use Google Chrome internet browser. If you do not have access to this technology, contact the Academic Support Hotline at 863-669-2833 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. / M-F
- Remote PERT Testing began April 21 and is ongoing for students enrolling.
- Dual Enrollment Students: Remote PERT testing is available now.
For any questions about the online PERT testing process, please email: PERT@polk.edu or call 863-297-1033 or 863-297-1044 (Available M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
View the PERT Online Guide for Students below for a walkthrough of the process.
Want a printed copy of the above video? View the PERT Online Guide for Students PDF.
How to Take the Pert Online during Covid-19
New Students Start on Step 1 | Returning Students Start on Step 2 (if retaking the PERT or you have an application on file)
- Apply to Polk State College. You will receive a welcome letter via email with additional information.
- To schedule to take the PERT Test please send an email to the one email address that applies to you:
– Last name beginning with A-M: email OnlineAdvisingA@polk.edu
– Last name beginning with N-Z: email OnlineAdvisingZ@polk.edu
For new applications, wait 3 working days to send your request to allow time for processing.
- A student success advisor will respond to finalize scheduling your PERT test. Please allow at least 2 business days to process your initial request.
- You will receive an email from PERT@polk.edu within 5 business days from your initial request with instructions for taking the PERT online, which will include required sections, access keys and other pertinent information.
- Make sure you have access to a desktop or laptop computer, a web camera, reliable internet and Google Chrome browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
AM I EXEMPT FROM TAKING THE PERT?
Exempt individuals are:
- Active duty military persons
- Graduates who began a Florida public high school in 2003-4 or later and graduated from a Florida high school with a standard high school diploma.
- You are a high school graduate with ACT or SAT scores at the college-level cutoff. See passing scores below. Order official copies to be sent directly to Polk State.
- You are a transfer student who completed the developmental course sequence in math and English at another Florida postsecondary school, or you took at least one college-level English and one college-level math with a 2.00 GPA in each class.
- You are a high school graduate or transfer student with PERT placement scores less than two years old. Provide official copies to the Admission and Registrar’s office before Orientation.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE PERT?
- Before student orientation is the best time to take the P.E.R.T.
- Before seeing an advisor.
- Before registering for class.
HOW DO I GET PLACEMENT SCORES TAKEN AT ANOTHER COLLEGE?
Contact the Admission and Registrar’s office and let them know you took PERT at another school. The scores must be less than two years from the start of classes. Email email@example.com with the school name, your information and the date you took the PERT.
You must request to have official results from other exams, such as the Accuplacer, mailed to Polk State’s Office of the Registrar. Click here for mailing address.
HOW DO I RETAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST?
- Each attempt must be at least 30 days apart and before you begin developmental classes in the area you are retaking.
- You must demonstrate you have remediated, which means you have had some tutoring or special study to help you improve your scores.
- Students cannot retest if they have met a grade requirement in the subject area.
- Students are only allowed two attempts of any portion of the test. Third attempts must be administratively approved.
Dual Enrollment pert testing info: https://www.polk.edu/admission-aid/dual-enrollment-early-admission/
Lakeland Collegiate High School pert testing info: https://www.polk.edu/polk-state-lakeland-collegiate-high-school/admission-information/
Lakeland Gateway to College Collegiate High School pert testing info: https://www.polk.edu/lakeland-gateway-to-college-high-school/admission-information/
Chain Of Lakes Collegiate High School pert testing info: https://www.polk.edu/wp-content/uploads/How-to-apply-to-COL-2021-22.pdf