Use the Admission Guide
to Polk State (GPS)
The GPS has details, a comprehensive checklist, and great FAQ’s.
Ready, Set, Soar – Is a quick overview from the GPS
Ready, Set, Soar
- Complete free Application at polk.edu
- If you have never attended Polk State College, complete the new-user application.
- If you have attended Polk State College before but it has been over a year, complete the readmission application.
- Use the GPS for step-by-step detailed instructions.
- Read the Admission letter you will receive at the end of your application.
- Activate your Polk State email.
- Submit official Transcripts
- Transcripts from all postsecondary institutions you have attended.
- Transcripts from high school you graduated from unless you have an associate or higher degree.
- Transcripts for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, CLEP, DANTES, or other accelerated credit. See GPS for ordering addresses and phone numbers.
- Apply for Financial Assistance
- Complete Testing and Placement Requirements
- Read your admission letter for testing at Polk State College.
- Not local?
- Submit one or more of the following if you have not completed a college-level mathematics course and English course:
- Official SAT scores.
- Official ACT scores.
- Official PERT scores. We will attempt to retrieve them from the PERT score repository. If your testing site reported them, you will not need to request them. Check PASSPORT to see if scores have been recorded.
- Official Accuplacer scores (request them from your testing site).
- To take a placement test:
- Take Orientation
- Take Orientation online.
- In-person Online Orientation is available in Student Services. Please see an Academic Advisor for more information!
- Once you have submitted your certificate of completion from Orientation, you can register. If this is your first semester to be in college since you graduated from high school, then you must see an advisor. Online@Polk students can find advisor contact information at online@Polk’s support page.
- Register for classes